Thursday, September 19, 2013

Belief.

If people were to describe me in life, probably they would say I am a very stubborn person. One who will not give in or listen to what others have to say as my thoughts and myself is the only one that matters. Everyone dreams of becoming someone great and successful in life. I was of no difference. I wanted to achieve great things, for all the things I lacked in life, I tried very hard to create an identity towards finding/seeking it.

By the time most of my friends have even known me, those in secondary school especially, I have already created an image which perhaps did not be replaced since that very day it was crafted into their minds. Stubborn, will-power, determination, refusing to give into change, refuses to listen to what others have to say, arrogant. Perhaps that's all I could give in life.

But that made me supremely confident in what I can achieve and what I am capable of doing. I have achieved things in life I consider great. I have made people believe in things in which they never thought they could. I have become a factor to achieve great things. And all it goes down is the negative traits that people have known me for.

I was not born like that. I had to observe everything around me and that being my family. That is where I built my identity on. People who know me will say I look up to my dad and brother for inspiration. But that wasn't the most important thing.

Inspiration comes from others, I believe that plays an important part when people are lost in their path to pursue things they want. What is most important is believing what we truly can achieve. Everyone has been so pampered in results. The society has emphasized a lot on results. Without results, everyone seem to not be able to know what they can achieve, what they are truly capable of.

People who are great and not born great, it's just that they consistently practise what they think can make them great. At the highest level, consistency is what separates people.

I have a lot of friends who have doubts and lack in belief in what they can achieve. Its all within us, its up to us to find that belief and eliminate any self doubt. I am no longer the arrogant boy in which everyone still thinks I am. I talk about things about me now and I get the feeling people think I have not changed in life. Perhaps so, I know what I truly can give, I know what I truly can do, the rest just need to garner the same kind of effort. I do my best to help if I am given to chance to show that things aren't the way it is.

No comments: